We trust that the information presented here will assist you in becoming familiar with Village life, activities and the values of the Association.
The Netherlands Retirement Village Association of Qld Inc (NRVAQI) owns and operates the Prins Willem Alexander Village which is located on Collingwood Road, Birkdale. The Association is a not-for-profit organisation, established in the early 1990’s and administered by Dutch immigrants to cater specifically for the needs of migrants born in The Netherlands. However, not only people of Dutch origin may find a home with us. We extend a warm welcome to all nationalities to make the Village their home.
We aim to maintain the Association’s Mission Statement:
To provide the best possible quality of care to all persons who use our service; to people of Dutch origin and the community at large.
Our Resident Care Philosophy
- To provide and maintain a home for those people who would not be able to live a fulfilling life without the provision of special care and facilities.
- To create a happy, homely environment in pleasant surroundings promoting and incorporating the Dutch culture, whilst maintaining the Australian culture to enhance and maintain links with extended family, friends and the general community.
- To enable residents to live with dignity, privacy, peace and happiness.
- To allow and encourage each resident to achieve a maximum degree of independence and to exercise their freedom of choice with regard to individuals
We at the Prins Willem Alexander Village believe that all individuals have a right to enjoy a lifestyle which supports independence and freedom of choice, in a community environment free from bias. We strive to ensure staff and residents are offered opportunities to advance their knowledge of all relevant aspects of our service.
Our Key Objectives
- To focus on wellness, promoting positive attitudes to enhance quality of life.
- To continually strive to meet best practice in all areas of service delivery, proactively identifying and addressing gaps.
- To establish Netherlands Retirement Village Association of Qld Inc services as an integral part of the community.
- To develop an environment which will foster teamwork, learning and the pursuit of common goals through effective human resource planning and education.
- To develop a team structure that ensures effective management of our current initiatives and planning for future growth.